Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ARGHHH!

Today was the first day in weeks that I didn't have to be at the inn to make breakfast so I was looking forward to actually sleeping in past 6:15.  At 5:57 the garage door, which is right next to my bed, was thrown open, waking me up.  Seconds later the washing machine in that garage was turned on.  Now, that washing machine is about 12 inches from my pillow and that is NOT conducive to sleeping in.  Not to mention that being jolted out of sleep is not conducive to falling back asleep.  I bolted up, and swore, loudly.  I reached for the window shade, pulled it up and yelled out the open window "Can you please wait and do laundry later?"  My question was greeted with "Huh?"   Again, I asked "Can you please do laundry later, this is the only day I don't have to get up at 6:00."  The response was "Oh, OK."

Sigh.  Now fully awake, I toyed with the idea of just getting out of bed and getting on with the day.  But I didn't.  I stayed in bed for another hour, not really sleeping but not really awake either.  Too bad, I was looking forward to waking when my body wanted, not when the forces around me insisted.  It appears that next week there is a morning that doesn't require me to be at the inn (unless more bookings come in) so I will be prepared, I will leave a note on the garage and ask them to please do laundry later.

In all fairness, the youngsters in the front house don't normally do laundry at 5:57.  Just today.  Oh well.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment