Saturday, November 17, 2012

A movie and a job. Yes, A JOB!!!!!!

I could do the movie review first, order of importance and all that, but I will do the right thing and revel in the fact that I actually got hired today!  I have a job!  One that I got all by myself!  No friends, no family, no broken bones, no connections.  Yes, it is low paying but it's a job.

It is an innkeeper position in Glen Ellen, about a thirty minute drive from where I live.  Front desk, standard stuff, making reservations, checking guests in and out, nothing new.  The owners bought the inn last year and spent months renovating it and it is quite lovely.  They have a chef person who does breakfast but they asked if I liked to cook. Duh. Yes, of course, I would love to make breakfast.  It doesn't pay much but it is a foot in the door.  More when I know more.

Movie:  See the new James Bond movie, "Skyfall" if you haven't already.  It hearkens back to the spirit of the original Bond films, but so much more visual.  There are some stunning scenes, mind-blowing colors, incredibly gorgeous sets, almost Dali-esque scenes.  Fast, tricky,  sarcastic.  Daniel Craig is good, of course, but pretty much over-played by Javier Bardem, who rocks as a villain. Albert Finney has a small part as well, and it was nice to see him back on screen.  Judi Densch, always good, Ralph Fiennes, also. Check it out, it is great entertainment.


I've got turkey legs simmering in my Le Crueset pot, making some stock for Thanksgiving. My tiny home smells like the holidays.  Sipping on a Manhattan. It is raining quite nicely, which makes me most content.  Watching an episode of "The Guardian" via my smart Roku muffin.  All is right with the world right now.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment