Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A week later.....

You know, writing this silly blog has given me great respect for people who actually WRITE.  Not scribble, like me, but actually spend time each day writing.  It takes a great deal of dedication, determination and discipline.  If you don't do it every day, a whole week zips by and you think "what?  where did those seven days go and what was I doing all that time?"  I could say something here like "from now on I am going to write a blog post every day" and I could mean it and honestly, it still wouldn't happen.

This past week:  came to Daly City, took Gabe and Annie to the airport, made dinner for some friends here in DC, went to Stacey and Ben's to hang out with Sam and Henry (twice!), made some cookies, walked the dogs, and watched some crappy TV.  The crappy TV part is important because I don't get TV at my house, just movies and stuff via my Roku.  So I miss things like CSI and Chopped and Iron Chef and even the evening news.  It's amazing how addictive television is and at the same time how vacuous. But I guess we all know that.  Now that I have had a good, satisfying fix, I am happy to leave it alone for another several months. 

Tomorrow I am jetting off to Texas for a couple of days to see my daughter and do Texas things, whatever that may entail.  I will definitely do a blog from Jenn's house, perhaps with photos attached!  There are things that happen at this time of the year in Texas that probably don't happen anywhere else in the USA and I intend to find out what they are and report back.  After all, as we all know, Texas is the gold standard for creativity, good taste and seasonal art displays.  I would really like to see a Christmas manger scene with Jesus, Mary and Joseph wearing cowboy hats or boots or the like.  That would be superb!

Remember:  only 11 more shopping days until xmas.  Don't waste them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment