Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yumm and Yuck

The yumm:  I made a most delicious dinner last night, bought a cheap piece of pork roast from Safeway (and yes, I hate buying meat from them but the bank account wouldn't allow Whole Foods) and basically made a great winter stew with cubed meat, onions, red pepper, carrot, sweet potato, garlic, apple.....  a little kick from some red pepper flakes and it was delicious.  Very comforting and cheap!  And there are left-overs, which I love.

The yuck:  my so-called job, which was supposed to start last weekend, then was postponed until Dec. 18, has now been postponed again until after Jan. 1.  Really guys?  How badly do you want me to work for you?  Do you understand that all the training I had TWO WEEKS AGO will be just about forgotten by then?  I think it's back to looking for other employment, just in case.  At least the unemployment check still comes in but as my previous post indicated, I am tired of not having enough to do. 

And isn't that just the most whining thing you have heard someone say in a while?  That I am tired of sitting around doing nothing?  I apologize for that, I know many of you reading this would be very happy to have some time off with some money coming in.  I get that.  I won't talk about it again, I promise.

At the end of this week I am going to Gabe and Annie's to dog-sit for them for a few days and I am looking forward to using their kitchen for my personal baking needs.  They have more than 18 inches of counter space (!) and an oven that can accommodate a real baking sheet. Shortbread, bread, pies, cakes, all manner of things may be produced.  I am looking forward to that. 


Finally, thanks to all of you who responded to my email about the blog.  Honestly, I do write it mostly for my own amusement but it is rather heartwarming to know that many of you take a peek at it now and then.  Thank you for that.

.







1 comment: