Saturday, May 4, 2013

Movement

It occurred to me the other day that in the past three years I have lived in several places.  From the fall of 2010 until now, a period of less than three years, I have had six "homes."  I lived in the cottage in Inverness for more than ten years and left there at the end of October 2010. That's habitat #1.  Then I stayed in Daly City with Gabe and Annie for six months, #2.  For a couple of weeks I was in Healdsburg, in a lovely house next to my friend Margaret, doing a little innkeeping while she took a little time off. I don't count that as #3, but it was someplace different.  From there I drove to #3, Grand Prairie, Texas, where I stayed, as a couple of you might remember, for a couple of months in the hottest climate I had ever encountered.  After that I drove around for a couple of weeks, through Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon and then California, and I lived in a trailer for two months.  #4.  (Yes, that counts because I paid rent.)  Gratefully, after that I lived in the tiny place in Santa Rosa with the awesome garden, #5.  And now, #6, a much larger house, still in Santa Rosa. 

Six places in less than three years.  Remarkable. It's no wonder I have a such a small amount of possessions. Move that stuff around enough and it all can go into the landfill.

Here to stay for a while, I hope. Below is a teeny pic of where I live now, it's the house on the left side.  You can go to maps.google.com and put in the address, 2219 Meyers Drive, Santa Rosa, and see a bigger photo if you want, which I am sure you don't.  The house was built in the 1950's and is fine. I am working on the backyard, slowly and cheaply. It's nice to come home and water the possible seedlings.

.
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment