Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hells Angels

Ok, I must apologize right up front, there is nothing in this post about Hells Angels or motorcycles or killing or death or nasty stuff.  The reason I put that title up there is because I am doing a little market research.  When you do a blog, a stupid one like mine, which has no content and little relevance, you can still look at your chart and see how many people supposedly read that blog or at least looked at it.  Normally there are from 2 - 5 viewings, probably my two loyal readers and two others who thought I was going to give them travel tips.  But twenty people looked at the blog that was titled "Sonny Barger."  And come on, while it was sort of a cool posting, it wasn't special.  So I am putting "Hells Angels" in the title here to see if that makes more people click on it because they find it on some kind of search.  Or something.

Yes, it is silly but I'm just trying it out. Investigating, if you will.  Perhaps, if 20 more people open this blog, I will know that putting catchy phrases in the title will draw more people to the blog.  Do I care if more people read this?  Well, sort of but not really.  Who cares what I write about?  The system says that 84 (!) people looked at the blog a couple of days ago that was titled "TV."  Really?  There's something fishy about that count.  If it had been titled "Best TV Show of Your Entire Life" or "Watch this TV show to Learn How to Make Dollars While Petting Your Dog" or something, then maybe a few people might have accidentally stumbled upon it.  But "TV?"  No.  So there is something crazy about the way those views are counted. Who in their right mind would find a random blog about TV and read it?  Who would care?

Therefore, if you are one of two or three folks who read this, count yourselves lucky...... if the tally comes up more than 5, I will know strange things are afoot at the Circle J and will let you know what transpires.   To be continued.....  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment