Wednesday, November 16, 2016

OK, if you must buy chicken broth, read this.

OK, I know I preach the Gospel of Homemade Chicken Broth too often, and it no doubt makes readers seek other religions opinions.  So here's an article I read just yesterday in an old Cooks Illustrated I got from my friend Margaret who was giving away books and magazines.  If you must buy the broth, get the Swansons.  Regular, not organic.

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/taste_tests/590-chicken-broth

The article also touts the benefits of that concentrated stuff, which I haven't tried.  But the Swansons might be the answer to your lame prayers if you don't have the guts to make your own broth.  (Shaming never works, I know, but I had to try.)

Still, if you call me, I will come to your house and make the chicken broth for you.  Seriously. Just tell me when.  It might be my new cottage industry, going from home to home, doing show-and-tell with chickens and veggies and water.  It could work.  Or not. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment