Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The next day isn't any better

I drove home last night from Inverness because I couldn't listen to the returns for one more minute.  I needed the comfort of my own small place, the solace of my bed and the numbness a glass of good bourbon brings.  This morning seemed too quiet here in liberal Santa Rosa. I talked to a neighbor or two while walking the dog, no one was happy, all were dismayed and depressed.  I talked to my brother Steve a couple of times, we were of the same mind and of the same temperament, which meant pretty shitty.  I talked to no one today who was happy except a very cute and very happy three month old.  He listened and smiled. That helped.

The protests that are taking place also help. We need to be aware of what is happening out there and we need to be involved.  We need to make sure this reign of terror does not last more than the requisite four years. We need to take a stand and make it count.

That sounds idealistic but just watching growing crowds in various cities tonight makes it clear that the unhappiness starts now. Let's use that unhappiness and the energy it can create to stop this madman in his first term.  There is a lot on the line here, a lot of rights that can be mitigated or even taken away. We all need to make sure this newly elected asshole president gets as little time in the White House as possible.

More to follow, you can bet on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment