Monday, December 26, 2016

A quick primer on the whole Jesus being born thing

We all  know how atheistic I am. Jesus, the whole ball of holiness, I simply don't care.  But if you haven't seen this, check it out.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suowe2czxcA

I hope it comes through. If not, google "Southland Christian Church Christmas Video."  (I cannot believe that I typed that.)  It's the one with the kids.

Why do I like it when I don't like all the Jesus stuff?  Because it takes the story back to the basics.  I still don't like all the Jesus stuff but the video reminds us of the simplicity of the story and that they were poor and not in the right 'hood at the time and that they were dissed and told to go somewhere else.  The basic immigrant story, as it still plays out today.  And told from the kids' point of view, it works. Any story told by kids has some credence, even if it's just the cute factor. Thus this one succeeds in that realm.

Happy Holidays, and peace out. To Everyone. Believers or not.  And seriously, this is from a Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment