Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Black hole of unemployment, Part 2

After an hour of calling and recalling EDD this morning, I finally was lucky enough to be put on the "we'll call you back" list.  You don't get put on that list, it seems, if there are too many people waiting in line in front of you.  Once on that call-back list, I only had to wait 12 minutes for someone to return my call.  It only took an hour to get on that list. 

All my EDD information is in some kind of bureaucratic limbo because they cannot verify my identity. Why my identity is in question is still vague, my questions are still unanswered.  Supposedly in 7 to 10 days they will have an answer for me. By then I will either be Julia Garagliano or maybe I will be someone else with some other identity. Perhaps that will be a good thing, I am a bit tired of this old persona and a new one might be an invigorating change. Whoever/whatever is currently Julia Garagliano can have that old identity, and I will take a new one. Sort of like a virtual Witness Protection Program.

I can hardly wait.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment