Sunday, September 17, 2017

Black hole of unemployment, Part 4, some resolution

Finally, some resolution, at least in terms of my identity.  It seems I am who I thought I was and EDD is agreeing with me. It doesn't mean they have figured out if I am getting unemployment benefits but at least they have acknowledged that I exist in my name and SSN.  That's a start. 

I talked to them on Friday, I will talk to them tomorrow, on Monday.  In the meantime I am trying to put these jobs that keep biting my ankles on the back burner.  Or, to confuse metaphors even more, I am trying to make the job offers less like offers and more like small plate items. I want some of them but I don't want the big bites they want me to take. I want a nibbling job. Three days a week with three months off for the winter.  It's a pipe dream (and I ain't sucking no pipe here, let's be clear on that) that might happen or might not. I don't care. Something will come about. 

There are places I want to go to in December and January and a job would get in the way of that. But money is necessary.  Without a retirement package and without any sort of net, I can't afford NOT to work.  But emotionally, psychologically and physically, I can't afford to work full time for much longer.  I have been working straight on for more than 50 years. I am tired of it.

At least the State of California how recognizes me as a tax paying person.  Let's see where they go with that.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment