Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Using bourbon as a hand and body sanitizer. Seriously, I think it's working!

The evil properties of the coronavirus have been kept at bay in my home because I firmly believe bourbon has magical sanitation properties and I am making good use of those properties.



A book and a bottle of Bourbon: on the road to health.

In fact, if one were to look at the science of alcohol as a sanitizer, the key is that 60% alcohol is what you need.  Therefore, if your bourbon is 120 proof, that equals 60% alcohol and there you go!  Vodka won't work because it is only 80 proof, so only 40% alcohol.  Stupid vodka, not gonna kill anything.  

Yes, finding 120 proof bourbon might be a challenge right now since most liquor stores are closed and your local Safeway's high-end liquor selection is weak, but the local Oliver's Markets always carry Knob Creek 120 proof bourbon and not at a terrible price either.  

(Disclaimer:  the bottle of High West Double Rye shown above is NOT 120 proof but it made a nice photo, thus it is showcased.  Plus, it's the best I had at the moment, before my 120 proof epiphany occurred.)

If 120 proof can sanitize your hands, think of what it will do for the inside of your body where so many viruses lurk.  Clean insides!  That's what I am going for.  And right now, nothing can deter me.

Carry on, all you out there, trying to stay safe.  Have a little bourbon, or a lot, and at least you will be happy for an hour or two as you fight to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment