Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Life Adjustments, Again

I suppose it's good that we continually are challenged in our day-to-day life, even as we get older. Maybe it's even better as we get older because it might prevent mental complacency and thus help us to be less boring than we already are. Who over the age of 60 does really, really exciting interesting things that others want to hear about?  Not many of us. So we get boring, to ourselves and to others.

That's not to say that we are all boring. But if challenges didn't appear on a daily basis, our minds would atrophy a lot quicker than they are already.  At least challenges and potholes and roadblocks keep us on our toes and necessitate the using of the brain.

Having given a great deal of thought to my incredible resistance to getting a roommate, it is clear to me that the entire thing boils down to this: I like living alone. Plain and simple. So this roommate situation is troublesome simply because of that fact. It isn't the roommate, it's me. (Well, it could be both.) Therefore, right now, I am trying to integrate having a stranger in my space with my need for no one in my space.  It's a tough transition.

So far, only two days in, it's OK.  More to be said as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment