Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Two young French guys walk into a hotel....

Last night at the hotel where I work, two young French guys showed up to check in for a last minute booking.  They were probably about 25 years old, cute as kittens, with that charming and sexy (no matter how old they are) French accent.  They were on a six week trip around the West Coast, had been to Yosemite, Sequoia, SF, Monterey.  Now they were heading north.

There are guests who are nice and fun, there are guests who are pains in the ass and there are guests you want to hang out with and be friends with.  And then there are guests like these two guys, Matt and Tristan. (Tristan, honestly?)  Totally different category.  I just wanted to listen to them talk, all night long.  They told me this story, as they were sitting by the fire pit, about getting stopped in SF because they made a left turn from the right lane, which "we do that all the time in Paris, we didn't even think about the wrongness of it!"  And the cops pulled them over and yelled at them to "never, never drive in this city again." But Tristan then said "well, my cop was really cute so I was talking to him really nice but Matt's cop was Chinese and not cute and so no one was talking to him nice and the two cops sort of didn't like this, but I still liked my cute cop but it didn't work out."  Who could not like this story, which ended with them having to stay in a "hooker hotel" which was all they could afford in SF but which they hated, of course?

When they invited me to have some wine with them at the fire pit, I declined, but when they invited me to dinner at their place in Paris, I said yes.  Seriously charming.  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment