Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Room of My Own for a few days

This will actually be a house of my own for a few days. Steve is taking off on a rafting trip in Oregon (thanks to my encouragement) and I am house and dog sitting for him in Kenwood.  Can I explain how happy this makes me? Probably not, but let's just say that I am mentally jumping for joy.  His house is perfect for one person (or two, since he and Martha designed it) and it is less than 5 miles from where I work, it's in a great neighborhood and his dog is charming and likes my dog, his garden is lush and overrun with wild sage, herbs and poppies and he has a 50 plant vineyard in the yard, the house stays cool even in hot weather and there is NO ROOMMATE and there is a Weber grill, a great kitchen and a huge comfortable bed, there are restaurants abounding withing a few miles and the guy who works on my car is a block away and will do my oil change while I am there and I could go on and on but that's enough.

At least five nights in a house by myself.  And he has real TV so I can watch the Warriors and the Giants and junk TV at will.  And he has a wine cellar that will not tattle if I pull out a great (but not too great) bottle of wine and drink it because he won't know until he returns.  And so much more.  AND NO ROOMMATE!!!

Ah, the joy of living alone, even for 5 nights, YAY!  There is nothing else to say other than YAY.  

.


No comments:

Post a Comment