Saturday, June 4, 2016

Finally, a real day off

As I have whined about so many times, I work six days a week.  Normally that means I spend my one day off, Friday, running errands, doing laundry, grocery shopping, just getting stuff done.  But yesterday my roommate announced that she was going to be gone all day.  All Day!  I tried very, very hard to not burst out with "Awesome!  That makes me so happy!"  But that's how I felt.  Therefore, I put all my chores on hold and decided to just take advantage of having the house to myself.

First I drove to Guerneville to have coffee with Jenn and collect some money she made for me from selling some of my crap at a garage sale on Memorial Day weekend.  We had delicious coffee, split a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes, chatted on the deck.  Great start to a day.

Then I came home and did nothing.  Nothing..... I finished one book and started another.  I was reading on the couch and about 2:00 I just sort of fell over onto the couch and had a two hour nap, something I can never do when she is home.  I grilled a bunch of stuff for dinner, read some more, sweated a lot (it was a very hot day,) ate dinner and watched some trashy TV, drank some nice rose wine, went to bed. It was a very nice, very quiet, very solo day and my laundry did not get done, my library books did not get returned, errands remained undone.  Peaceful and quiet and so very nice.

And I know, what a pathetic blog post, so boring, but there  you have it.   

1 comment:

  1. And the world did not end. Just turn your underwear inside out.

    ReplyDelete