Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Thelma and Louse

Seriously, a few weeks ago I wrote a blog and the title included "Thelma and Louse" and no one called me on that?  It should have been"Thelma and Louise"  not LOUSE.  

But maybe you all read that blog thinking there would be something about Thelma and a louse, instead of Louise.  Could that be the case?  Did I miss an opportunity to write a great essay about how much of a louse Louise was as compared to Thelma?  It could be the basis of an entire thesis, I suppose.....  Thelma, the meek little housewife who jumps for joy at getting to go on a "fishing trip" with her worldly friend Louise, who shoots the guy who tries to rape Thelma in the first 15 minutes of the film and then refuses to let them drive safely to Mexico because she is such a LOUSE that she won't let them go through Texas.  And so they die.  That is pretty lousy. 

Wow.  I don't actually think I was going down that path but who knows?  But no, I wouldn't have thought that no matter what. I loved that movie, and I loved Louise, and Thelma, too.  But you sit yourself down at the computer and start typing quickly and I bet you will type Louse instead of Louise a couple of times, incorrectly.  At least I have done it. And thus the Thelma and Louse legend was created.

OK, this is obviously about nothing so I am quitting now.  Thelma and Louse need to go to bed as well.  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment