Friday, December 24, 2010

Are sleigh bells ringing?

Happy Holidays to all.  I have been remiss in blogging this week but will make up for it soon.  I hope you are all enjoying family and friends or if you are alone, you are having a good, quiet weekend.  If you are reading this, you have something to be grateful for (having a computer, if nothing else) and we all need to remember the good stuff this time of year.  We are inundated with the bad often enough.

Just one comment on the job front.  I applied to several jobs postings this past week, casting my net further and further from home.  I stopped writing traditional cover letters, opting instead for a more chatty, personal version.  Oddly, that seems to be working because I got calls from two of the businesses that I applied to.  I honestly think it was due in a large part to the witty banter in my cover letters.  I haven't connected with either company and therefore I was probably just one name on a long list of applicants.  But at least it was some action, a positive sign.

Time to drink some Christmas Eve champagne.  I am hanging out with my son and daughter-in-law and looking forward to a relatively large quantity of good champagne and good food.  I miss Jenn hugely but will be seeing her in a couple of weeks, in Texas, and we will all have another Christmas eve then.

Peace and love to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment