Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chaos

A short post.

Yes, I will be traveling again, after xmas, and for those of you who prefer me to be blogging from the road instead of from the comfort of a warm home, you will be rewarded for your patience.  For those of you who don't care, and who loyally read the blog no matter where I am, thanks.

Everyone I talk to these days, with the exception of a couple of my brothers who (dare I say it?) actually like their jobs, is experiencing what I am calling Internal Chaos. It's that churning feeling inside, that definite physical sense of unease and everyone seems to be aware of it.  No one likes their job but they keep it because to quit is folly right now.  Everyone I know is acutely aware of the economic and political climate and that contributes to the growing sense of personal unrest.  It's as if nothing is settled, everything is up for grabs, everyone is slightly miserable but can't really figure out what to do about it.

Internal Chaos.  At odds with everything. No one is really looking forward to a "happy holiday" but many people want  to be with people they like because there is safety in numbers, it feels better to be with someone instead of no one.  Or else they want to be alone because they can control that environment  and therefore control any angst that comes barreling towards them.  Again, it's as if everything is up in the air, as if we are all just balanced on the brink, waiting for a shove.

More later.  Remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment