Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year?

Oddly, this new year looks a lot like the last old one. But it's early yet, and we have lots of time before our new hopes get dashed on the hard, cold stones of reality.  Gosh, that sounds so cynical. It seems too early in the year for such an attitude, I must get mine adjusted somewhere. What I need is a chiropractor for the psyche.  Someone who can gently crack my mental spine and realign it for the future.  Someone who knows where the psychological pressure points are and how much pressure to apply.  Otherwise I might spend the next year in a state of maladjusted, overwrought unhappiness.

Could be worse.  I could have a job I hated and couldn't quit and therefore be living in a time-hellish-continuum.  At least I don't have that to deal with.  And hey, it is the beginning of a new year. While I cannot find a truly pithy thing to say about the new year, I can at least admit that we have all made it this far, and 2012 is the Armageddon of years, according to some, so let's all try to get through this one and see what we find along the way. 

As always, thanks for reading and more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment