Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Garden update

So far, nothing has died!  Well, some of the mint that I ripped out of my previous garden might not make it but a lot of it is still alive.  The basil and the arugula  are still growing, the cilantro looks great, rosemary is fine (but it's hard to kill a rosemary plant) and even my tomatoes don't look too bad.  Bush beans are OK, not dead but not really thriving either but I still have hopes for them.  Today I planted a zucchini plant (gotta have at least one of those) and unless the dogs step on it I will have great hope for a bounty of zukes this summer. 

This has given me great excitement!  I think the combo of sun and water has done what it is supposed to do: make things grow.  I am hoping it's a trend. Maybe my black thumb is greening up a little bit after all.  Maybe I should try some more things...... I got several packs of seeds in the mail today from a friend who wanted to grow a garden but realized that she lives on a rocky hill and the work to haul soil in and get planters was just too much.  So I got the seeds.  I might just broadcast them over part of the mulchy yard, water, and see what comes up!  A science experiment of sorts.  Carrots mingling with cucumbers interspersed with radishes along side pepper plants and round summer squash. What's the downside of that?  Nothing!  So it's onward:  seeds, work  your little seed magic and grow me a bean-stalk, metaphorically speaking.  Updates to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment