Saturday, July 30, 2016

Life like a pair of pants on a coat hanger

That's kinda how I feel right now.  Yes, I got the new place to live. Sort of. I paid a month's rent deposit, was stupid to not get a receipt but the guy I dealt with was so ... nice and seemingly honest.  Ten days go by, the check is cashed and I have nothing in writing.  After firing off a very clear and direct email and phone call and text message, I finally got a call from the owner.  He said the rental agreement would be mailed to me the next day.  That was Wednesday night. I still don't have it.

Am I dismayed?  Yes, a bit.  Do I think it's legit? Yes, a bit. Do I feel like pants on a hanger, waiting around to see if I will  be used poorly or used appropriately?  Yes, a bit.  My friend Margaret, upon my request, scoped out the office site of the supposed owner and she reported back that it looked legit.  If the papers don't come in the mail on Monday, I am showing up at that door and confronting the situation in person.

Sigh. I do feel like this will all work out but yet I am a bit trepidatious. I will know more soon.


1 comment:

  1. Yes. Trepidatious a good word for this. It amazes me how some people seem to not have a clue about how their lack of follow through might effect others.

    ReplyDelete