Sunday, July 31, 2016

The conventions, at least for one night

Without normal broadcast TV, I didn't get all of the convention coverage.  But it's surprising what you can get live on the computer, so I watched some of that.  On Wednesday night I had a comp night in a new room at the hotel where I work, so I was lucky to watch Joe Biden and President Obama speak. Their speeches were, to me, excellent.  The next evening I watched Hillary Clinton's speech via the computer and it was equally as good.  Bill's was a little creepy, do we really care  how he picked up his wife? No. And Chelsea, well, whatever. 

If you are a Hillary supporter and if you don't mind parody, check this out.  https://medium.com/@shitHRCcantsay/let-me-remind-you-fuckers-who-i-am-e6e8b297fe47#.9fullvt50

It's rather amusing.   And if you are planning on voting Republican I would urge you to stay at home on election day, it will be cold and rainy and you might catch your death of cold.  If you are unsure about voting for Hillary, I implore you to just vote for her.  You don't need to like her,  but vote for her so we can get one more liberal Supreme Court Justice on the bench to protect rights that will be in jeopardy if a Republican wins the race.  Everyone's rights are at stake. Just vote. Please. Vote for the future, vote for that judge who will sit for 20+ years and watch out for women, children, people of color and ethnicity, gay people, special needs people, the disenfranchised, the elderly, the poor.  Vote to uphold a tiny part of Obama's legacy.  Just vote.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment