Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"Pulp Fiction" one more time

Sometimes you want to watch something you've never seen before, something that will be totally engaging, new, fun and smart.  Sadly, it's difficult to find that on either Netflix or Amazon right now, at least I can't seem to find it. So tonight I reverted to the past and watched "Pulp Fiction" once again. Why?  I have no idea, but I am glad I did.

There are a few parts I fast forward through because I have seen them enough and don't care. But there are so many scenes that are still, after 23 years, brilliant, funny, shocking and memorable.  Lines of dialogue that never get old, non-linear timeframes that make you scratch your head, wonderful characters and unbelievable situations that defy reality.  It's a really good movie that holds up well, and if you haven't seen it, you should. If you have seen it, see it again.  Jules and Vincent Vega, Mia and Marsellus Wallace, Butch, HoneyBunny, they are all amazing and audacious.  Drugs and violence, love and death, foot massage and coffee shop robberies.  It's all there, waiting to be seen.  (Spoiler alert:  there is a lot of swearing and blood.)

Not a holiday film, but then, other than "Die Hard" what movie do you want to watch at this time of the year?  Another go round of angels and a wonderful life and Santa and Elf?  No, go the low and raunchy route. "I'm the foot-fucking master. I got my technique down,  I don't tickle or nothing."  It can't get much better than that.

"Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character."

"Any time of the day is a good time for pie."

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

"Well, we would have to be talking about one charmin' motherfuckin' pig."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment