Friday, May 20, 2011

Healdsburg - Daly City, etc

From Healdsburg today, after my bed and breakfast inn duties, back to Daly City. To Oakland tomorrow to watch the Amazing Baby Sam, who is now walking, a feat I have yet to witness in person.  I have the incredibly wonderful task of watching Sam for two days while his Mom and Dad go off and have an adventure on their own.  I can hardly wait.  Sam is a little young (14 months and counting) but I think I can still find a few subtle ways of introducing him to my life of slothfulness and indolence.  It's never to early to learn how to play the system.

The house I was staying at in Healdsburg was an old farmhouse, and some photos from the porch are below. I will be going back there on Monday to continue my inn watching, checking in guests, making my signature breakfasts when needed.  To tell you the truth, while I have no problem chatting up the guests and being charming, I personally prefer the anonymity of a hotel.  Give me clean lines, a clean room, a good bar in the lobby and I am in my kind of heaven.  Bed and breakfast places are just too buddy-buddy for me, and too chatty in the morning. I admit that I am in the minority, especially in a tourist area. Many people love decorated rooms and quaint bathrooms and communal breakfasts.  They leave the breakfast table happy and ready for their day.  It's fine, just not my cup of coffee.

Indulge me..... you might get a photo of Sam this weekend.  But here are a couple from the last few days.


Cooper on the porch.



Looking in the front door at the scary red staircase.



The nice backyard.  Cooper loves the grass.





From the porch, just after the sun left.

.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment