Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Call Backs

A short post this morning.  From the slew of resumes I sent out last week I have received two calls.  Both callers were trying to screen applicants, attempting to set up interviews.  Both were quite vague about the job (hours, pay, benefits) because, as they insisted, that wasn't their department.  However, in both cases, after chatting with them for less than five minutes, it was clear that the jobs paid less than $12.00 an hour.  Also, in both cases, after that short conversation, both callers said almost the identical thing:  "Yes, it sounds from your voice and the questions you ask that you are probably overqualified for this job.  We will keep your resume in case anything opens up that might be a better match for you."

Ah well, one must be hopeful and consider this a good sign.  At least my resume is getting read by someone.

.

1 comment:

  1. I actually replied to a "we reviewed your resume and we have selected another candidate" email with "could you please let me know why you didn't select me? From my resume and cover letter, you can see I am 100% qualified for this position with extensive experience in the areas you highlighted. I would love some constructive criticism, even if it just to let me know I am overqualified." They haven't responded yet. My neighbor and I were laughing about this as well. He wonders if maybe he should wear some baggy jeans belted around his thighs and walk in with a gangsta look in order to get hired as the suit and tie seem to convey a look of "overqualification" to his hopefully future employers. Maybe we should pick up the slang, start adding bad grammar to our cover letters and then they will call us?

    ReplyDelete