Monday, February 21, 2011

Make One of Your Own

Scoop Nisker (years ago on KFOG) use to say, "If you don't like the news, go out and make some of your own."  I am starting to feel the same way about jobs.  If you don't have one and you aren't getting one, maybe you need to go out and make one of your own.  People create businesses all the time and sometimes they are successful.  Sometimes not so much but at least they didn't just sit around whining about not having one.

So I am trying to make one of my own.  A couple of start-up websites are offering to pay people to write for them and one of them has offered to pay me.  Not much, and not often, but it is a beginning.  If nothing else it will make me be creative a few times a week.  When I get the official by-line, I will let you all know how to find it and you, too, can drive traffic to the site.  The more traffic, the more money I get. 

Meanwhile I am still planning on another road trip in the next couple of weeks, driving back to Texas again. I am getting that antsy feeling and I know it means it's time to hit the road.  I have read about 5 books in the last ten days, and am making a lot of dinners and baking bread and I keep looking at the road atlas.  I clearly have too much time on my hands.  A road trip is definitely in order.

.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! On so many fronts. This post makes me very happy. I may be so happy I just may need to go bake some bread of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to go "make your own". I think you are a very good writer and it is something you enjoy. So, who knows? This could be the start of something BIG! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I am catching up with you. Your impetus to "clear out" stuff was perfect---that is a great way to create some movement in your life. Getting rid of stuff makes room for new things (opportunities, etc.) in your life. I am doing that myself right now as well. Christine (my coach) says to look at what is in your environment that is not in alignment with your vision of where you want to be. Ummmm....everything? (almost) yikes! How do you deal with that? ha ha I guess a little at a time or I'm going to be sitting here on the floor with some art supplies.
    Anyway--YAY for the writing gig. You should think about submitting some travel article ideas to magazines---that way you could get paid for what you love. Good luck! Big Hugs!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete