Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend

One of the benefits of being out of work is that every day can be a weekend!  Since you don't have a work week, you don't need to save things for the weekend.  But having said that, the weekends here are nice because Gabe and Annie are often home on Saturday mornings and we get to make breakfast together and watch something trashy on TV.  It makes for a fine start of the weekend, whether I need that weekend or not.

I actually had a job interview yesterday!  Who knows what will come of it.  Not giving out too many details but I know the two interviewing guys liked me (how could they not?) but the gray hair might have thrown then.  Especially since the other four people I saw in the interview line were young, strong men.  Oh well, at least it was some action.  There is certainly not a lot of that on the jobless front theses days.

Nothing else.  Went up to Healdsburg for the night this past week, had a great time and a great dinner.  Perhaps wandering down to Carmel Valley this coming week to take advantage of an offer to use someone's cottage in exchange for a little dog-sitting.  Part of my nomadic existence these days.  Tonight I am meeting friends for a cioppino feed, mainly because one of those friends offered to pay for part of my ticket.  I don't usually take advantage of that sort of offer, as most of you might know, but hey, hard times mean saying "yes" now and then instead of always trying to make my own way.

Beautiful day, clear and cold.  More later....... 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment