Wednesday, June 17, 2015

And yet another roommate story, but of a different sort

When last we visited the roommate saga, it was of a dark and nasty nature. That particular saga hasn't changed much, his crappy possessions are still in a huge pile in the garage and I am still fumigating his room. He has not returned, and like Charlie on the MTA, I hope he never returns. His stuff will be tossed sometime soon, hopefully.

But the good news is this: I have a new roommate, a young student at SRJC. Her mom is a nurse in Santa Rosa, she (the roommate) is studying at SRJC to also be a nurse, they seem solid and honest and solvent. Wishing for the best, of course, and trying to be positive about all of it (i.e. trying to not create the bad scenario in my head) and it feels like the right match. She's quiet.  I'm quiet.  She studies a lot and has a few friends but isn't a party girl.  I read a lot, never study and have a few friends who do like to party a bit if good wine or whiskey is involved. That's as far as it goes.  I have no intentions of raising another kid, and I flat out told her mom that. The mom was fine with that.

Hey, it's a real person who can pay rent. I don't think the roommate is a meth cooker and the mom for sure isn't.  (Although she does live in Lake County, so I could, once again, be very wrong.)  But I am giving it a shot.

I don't know.  I honestly don't, but I need someone to pay rent and I don't want to move and I liked these people. That's as good as it gets right now, and that's good enough for the moment.  Or for the next six or eight or twelve months.  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment