Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Heard it's your birthday..... my birthday too......

The last post I wrote mentioned a book that I had mentioned several postings before;  sorry for the redundancy.  Guess I just liked the book......

This morning I woke up to the sound of very light rain on the tin storage shed next to my bedroom window. One forgets how pleasant that sound is, not having heard it much in the past three years. It delayed my getting out of bed for at least 15 minutes, but I didn't care.  It's my birthday, I can do what I want, even be ten minutes late for work. No one cares except the time clock.  Walked Cooper in the small rain, even Cooper didn't mind getting wet, especially because it was also very warm.  Sort of Louisianna-ish. 

People at work were nice to me, wished me birthday happiness, gave me flowers, an orchid, a cake, some nice beer and a bottle of 12 year old Macallum single malt scotch.  What a great gift that is!

Went to Jenn and Dar's flat in Guerneville where Dar poured some William Selyem Pinot Noir and we got to chat for a while until Jenn came home.  Dar grilled steak and peppers and roasted potatoes and made salad and Jenn made an angel food cake and I got flowers and cards and so much love.  Being surrounded by drifts of love, how nice is that. 

Off to bed now. To work tomorrow. More to follow.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment