Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Do I have bad roommate karma or what?

I meet with this young woman, her mom, her aunt, they are all pleasant and excited about the house. They seem fine.  We have a date scheduled to meet yesterday, Tuesday, at 3:00 pm.  I give the application papers to my landlords at 8:30 in the morning. 90 minutes later I get a call: "Julie, I hate to say this but we cannot rent to this person."

Me: "What? Why not?"
Them: "Legally, we can't tell you. But we found some stuff, following the credit check for a while, that makes us very uncomfortable about this and we have to follow our gut. So no, it's not going to happen."
Me:  "OK, I trust you guys and you have to do what protects you."

So, now I am back to square one.  I have until July 10 to find someone to share the house or I have to move.  The good thing is that two bedrooms are completely empty.  The bad thing is that I have too much stuff to move into a studio, which is probably all I can afford at more than half of what I make each month.  Studios are now around $1200-$1350 a month.  I make around $2000 a month.

Ah, well, I am being positive and hopeful and hey, I now have 16 days to fine another roommate.  All I want is someone normal-ish to pay the rent, be nice, be quiet and have no drama.  It's a small thing to ask but a huge thing to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment