Monday, March 7, 2011

Inverview #1

First interview of the week.  I even bought new clothes so I looked less .....  jobless.  Interview went fine, although the woman who questioned me seemed to be about 17 years old but maybe she was 25.  Maybe.

I hate it when they ask what you expect in terms of salary.  If you say too much, they mentally cross you off the list.  If you say too little, they mentally jump up and down.  If you don't say anything and act vague about it, they offer you $11.25 like Whole Foods did.  And by now I am certainly not shy about countering that question with "Before I answer, let me ask you a question.  Does this job offer health benefits?"  Because if it doesn't, then I am quoting nothing less than $25 per hour. 

Oh well, who knows?  They want someone to start right away, which certainly would put a crimp in my March Agenda.  But since they haven't even interviewed all the candidates, that is far down on my list of things to be concerned about.

More to follow, I suppose.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment