Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SF to Needles

Just a quick post.  Long day of driving and in order to avoid staying in Barstow, a town I truly dislike, Cooper and I drove another two hours so we could stay in Needles.  I have nothing to say about Needles so far, just grabbed the first motel that appeared (I really had to pee) and it isn't a nice one, but it will do for a night.  Seriously thinking about NOT going out for dinner, just eating cheese and crackers I brought along, with a glass of bourbon.  It's hot outside but there is a noisy air conditioner that I hope cools the room down.  I suspect we will be out of here quite early in the morning.

Cooper actually fell asleep in the car for a while late this afternoon.  I made a little tent for him, thinking it might make him feel more sheltered.  Don't know if that worked, but he did finally shut his eyes and stop panting.

We are taking Hwy. 40 this time into TX, different than the southern route. Went through the Mojave desert, the scenery was beautiful in that high desert way.  I am going to try to get to Albuquerque tomorrow, it seems a bit less than 8 hours.  After that, who knows..... a ten hour drive or break it up into two days, I have no idea.  Heck, that's more than 24 hours from now!  I can decide then!

That's all for now..... this internet connection, while free, is friggin slow.  More tomorrow and maybe some photos!  thanks for following along.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hooo!!! BeBe and I are making the house all nice and clean for you and Cooper-Pooper. He can stop panting while he's here and our A/C isn't loud. But the weather doesn't even call for A/C... YET. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete