Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Adios, Texas!

I am leaving the land of the Lone Star, Long Horn Steer and Double-Discounted Six-Pack this morning!  Saying goodbye to the Land of the Triple Digit Temperature Marathon and the questionable logic of Governor Perry. 

Instead of heading due west to California, I am taking a circuitous route, going north and west through the top of Colorado, then north into Wyoming and Montana.  I'm not sure how long I will extend this journey as there may be a bit of work for me soon in the SF Bay area, but as long as I have the time I will continue to take some back roads and visit some states I have yet to see.

Texas has been an experience.  If you have read any of my blogs in the past two months you already know about the weather. And wouldn't you know it, yesterday was the first morning I walked outside with the dogs at 7:00 and it was cooler outside than inside!  The temps at night fall to around 68, which is lovely.  Still in the mid 90's during the day.

However, TX has been more than just hot weather.  Not a lot more, granted, but the people are really nice, the Mexican bakery has delicious tortillas (better than in California, actually) and I have made some tasty dinners, including a great salsa with peaches, fresh corn, the last handful of cherry tomatoes, a little jalapeno and some lime juice.  With a bbq pork tenderloin it was perfect.  I also read tons of books, made some new recipes and watched way too many episodes of "Chopped" and "Kitchen Impossible."

I am looking forward to hitting the road, as usual, and will send some photos back to  you when I can.  As they say in Texas, au revoir for now!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment