Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Still moving, not sure where

Drove many miles today, through Texas, a little of the panhandle of Oklahoma and all the way through Colorado.  Nice drive for the most part, all small roads, two lanes, but the speed limits on those small road are 65 MPH.  Nice.  Was going to spend some time in the national park here, near Denver, but I have decided to hit the road tomorrow and go through Wyoming and spend Friday and some of Saturday in Yellowstone, which I have never seen.

Tonight we are in Golden, Colorado, the home of Coors beer and many other breweries.  I didn't plan on being here but the weather was too wet and too foggy and it became too difficult to figure out where I was going. (I am not good at reading a map while driving 70 MPH and got tired of pulling off the road to read the map. It was the first time I longed for a GPS and hopefully the last.)  It seemed better and safer to just get out of the car.  We are actually in a small hotel on Main Street in Golden.  The weather cleared up early evening so Cooper and I had a good walk along the river. 

If I wasn't tired I would attempt to send some photos from today but maybe tomorrow.  The following will suffice:  the first one is a giant (like ten feet) metal sculpture of a trout.  It looks better in person and I might take a photo of it tomorrow myself.  The second is just the golden arch over Main Street. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment