Thursday, September 29, 2011

More on the trailer

Cooper and I are settling into our unsettled life in the trailer, albeit somewhat hesitantly.  The bottom line is that it feels so temporary that it is difficult to call it home.  But I have cooked a couple of dinners on the stove-top (there is no oven) and Cooper finds it nice to hang out on the small lawn area at cocktail hour while I sit in a chair and read.  That's the best part of the day.

There is one small problem with trailer living, at least when you are not hooked up to a campground's septic system.  Since the toilet is just a large holding container for the black water (i.e. poop and pee) there is always a slight smell of..... well, poop in the air.  Not terrible, not like an outhouse or a porta-potty on a hot day, but it's there.  Ah, well, I suppose it is just Mother Nature having a laugh at my expense.

This weekend there is a full house at the inn because of a celebrity wedding in town!  Actually, it's not in our town, it is in Napa, but the celebrity has paid for all the rooms and has made all the arrangements through an event coordinator.  Looking at the list of our guests, it is clear that no celebs are staying with us unless they are using their aliases.  I rather doubt it, most high end guests will be spending their weekends at the high-end places in Napa like Meadowood and Auberge del Soleil, where rooms are in the $2000 per night range.  I cannot tell you the name of the celebrity yet, but I will perhaps tomorrow.  The manager of this inn I am working at has been sworn to secrecy lest the paparazzi show up!  But rest assured, while this guy has made a ton of money, he ain't no George Clooney.

That's it for now, another book review tomorrow.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment