Monday, September 12, 2011

Straddling state lines

Yesterday's drive started off in Idaho, crossed over to Washington state for 100 miles and then into Oregon. I drove all the way down US 395, a road I have driven dozens of times from Reno south, but I have never been on this part of 395.  It's quite nice, some forest and a lot of high desert and no one on the road.  The speed limit in OR is 55 mph, which doesn't work for me, of course, so I sped along at 75.  No cops.  Drove along some beautiful lakes, flat, almost like salt lakes and ended up in a teeny town last night called Lakeview, although it doesn't really have a view of the lake but perhaps in the olden days it did. It does have a few of many unsavory looking houses and a lot of dead grass.  Today I am looking forward to passing Goose Lake which straddles the California and Oregon border.

I should be back in the bay area in a couple of days.  Today I think I will be able to stop near Sacramento and see where my Mom is now living, since she has moved into a kind of retirement community and I yet to see it. After that, who knows.

Goose Lake, supposedly.  Although these two photos don't look like the same lake!  I soon will know which one is the imposter, which is the true lake.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment